Thursday, July 18, 2013

Dream

I had a dream about Obi last night--the first in a while.  Moreover, it was a happy dream.  All-to-often, when I dream about Obi and Janga, it's the same story: the two ring-tailed lemurs I was so close to are moving away from me, calling to me to keep up.  However, I struggle, finding myself tied down by obligations to other people.  But in last night's dream, I found myself sitting next to their enclosure at Moorpark, and Obi was so excited to see me that he reached through the bars to grab my hair and pull me closer.  His trainer (some guy I've never seen) appeared, opened the cage door, and Obi came flying out, jumped on my chest (knocking me to the ground), and licked my face and forehead with great zeal.  In that moment, I felt happier than I have since I last saw those two lemurs nearly five years ago.  I was so happy, in fact, that the joy of it woke me up.  I managed to force myself back to sleep and to return to the dream, but it was more mellow, though still relaxing.  I don't recall the details, though.  Eventually the dream shifted away from Obi into the typical realm of nonsensical dreaming, but not before inspiring me to start picking myself up and trying all of this again.

I've been away from the blog for a while.  The same can be said of my Wiki work, research, and book.  Life hasn't been too kind lately.  (But then again, it never is.)  Yet I'm going to try again, starting with little steps and slowly moving forward.

After I finish this entry, I'm going to start the book.  I'm going to try to take it as far as I can, and hopefully finish it... finally.  The story needs to be told.  And hopefully along the way, I'll be stopping in here to share bits and pieces of the story.

It's time for me to catch up to those lemurs and to keep the promise I made five years ago.  It's time to begin again.

No comments:

Post a Comment